Friday, January 27, 2012

New Years Resolution

I usually don't believe in New Years Resolutions. Everyone dreams big at the beginning of the year. "This will be my year! This year things are going to be different!" I would rather think of this "resolution" as a goal. Rather than resolving to do something, I am going to achieve something instead. This year I am going to run a half marathon race every single month. Twelve half marathons in twelve months.

At this point, I don't have any goals for time. However, I'm sure that as the year progresses, I will inevitably expect better results. Most of my races this year will most likely take place in Texas with a few special out of town appearances. Hopefully, St. Louis, Madison, and Napa Valley, to name a few.

Ideally, I'd also like to run to raise money for an organization. More on that later, though.

My first race is tomorrow morning. I'm going to be running the Texas Half Marathon in Dallas, TX. My dad and I have already decided to run the Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon on February 19 in Houston, TX.

I will be posting updates on my training schedule and racing schedule for anyone who is interested in following my progress. If anyone ever wants to join me on a run, I always love the company.

Wish me luck tomorrow and look for my post-race recap some time next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment