Thursday, June 28, 2012

Update

What's up, homies?

Here's a quick update on my plans for the rest of the year. I have finalized my race schedule through the rest of 2012 and am even flirting with the idea of continuing on in 2013. Ok, I'm more than just flirting with it, we've already decided on a first date. I found out earlier this week that I got into the Houston Marathon. This race has become so big that it has taken on a New York meets Boston approach for entry: lottery entries and qualifying times. My time is now so fast that I qualified for the race. That's actually a lie. I'm just lucky.

Here is my schedule for my next seven races:

July 14, 2012 - Orange Leaf Half Marathon in New Braunfels, TX
August 25, 2012 - Patrick Henry Half Marathon in Ashland, VA
September 23, 2012 - Plano Balloon Festival Half Marathon in Plano, TX
October 7, 2012 - Half Marathon Castelli Romani in Rome, Italy (I know, right?)
November 11, 2012 - Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio, TX
December 9, 2012 - Fayetteville Half Marathon in Fayetteville, AR
January 13, 2013 - Houston Half Marathon in Houston, TX

I've provided links (obviously) to all the races in case anyone wants to join me. I'm always looking for more running buddies.

I'm sure I have mentioned in previous posts that my dad and I are running buddies. I'd say we only run with each other maybe once a week right now, but we always discuss our runs and our race plans. My dad ran both my February and March half marathons with me this year, and he will be joining me in my next five races. Running in Italy was also his idea. Obviously I had no objections. This morning I sent him an email proposing he do another year of races with me, and we've agreed to revisit the discussion in a couple of months. However, I did suggest that we try to keep our 2013 races in Texas.

So there you have it, my update for future races. Again, I invite anyone who is interested to join me. Or at least join me for brunch and a beer afterwards.

In the meantime, I'm going on vacation, so I will see you cool cats in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment